Saturday, August 25, 2012

Change has come....

I began today with a heartbreaking phone call.  Then watched the news of another shooting.  I read the internet news of one difficulty after another.  All day my mind couldn't shake the needs of others and at times it seemed overwhelming.  The needs seemed entirely all-consuming with so many needing a touch.

Tonight we closed out our tent meeting in South Carolina...the end of 2 weeks on the road.  I seemed more tired today than I had felt all week.  We were running late and took a wrong exit which left me filled with stress.  Then it happened.

We opened tonight's meeting with the pastor praying....then there was singing...and then it happened.
Before I realized what was happening, we were in His presence.  We were walking with the King!  The people were walking the aisles praising God....and it happened!  First one and then another and yes, souls were coming back to Jesus.  The River began to flow and we were in it!  Healings, deliverance and salvation....worship...praises....yes, it has happened.  All the stress....the overwhelming, all-consuming feeling...the helplessness...everything has changed....we are in the presence of the Lord!

God spoke to Ezekiel that when His people went into the temple...if they went in by the south gate...make sure they leave by the north gate.  If they come in by the north gate...make sure they leave by the south gate.  Never let the people leave the same way they come in.  We came in one way this week...but we have left changed!!!! 

I am forever amazed at the power of His presence.  When He passes by, all things change.  We are stronger, we are filled with hope, we have a clear view of what we can do, our joy is restored, our peace has returned and our heart sings. 

Souls have come into the Kingdom of God and life is good.  At the end of the day, this is why we are here.  This is our lot in life.  This is the reason we travel and live on the road...this is our purpose....that souls will be brought into the Kingdom of God.

Tonight I prayed with someone's daughter...someone's wife...someone's mother....someone's friend.  A life was changed....
Maybe it was her.....or maybe it was me.....

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Sister Becky. I am so happy to hear how God is still working and saving souls. I wish I could have been a part of the tent revival.
    God is so good to us.. HONK HONK..

    Love you Mary Beatty

    ReplyDelete