Monday, September 17, 2012

THE REASON WHY....

About 30 years ago in a Campmeeting in Cleveland, Tennessee a pastor walked up to me and gave me his business card with the name of his church and phone number.  He asked me to come to Royston, Georgia and hold him a revival.  To anyone else, this may not have been such a big deal....but this was my first invitation for a revival.  That man was Pastor Vaughn.  I went to that revival.  I have held many, many revivals for him since that day.

Last week my husband and I, my brother and another evangelist held the 1st Annual Campmeeting in Pastor Vaughn's church in Royston, GA.  In four days we had 12 people saved and 5 filled with the Holy Ghost.  That alone would have made a great revival.  But there was something else...watching Sister Vaughn still singing....I'm following the One who knows the way.  Tag team preaching with Pastor Vaughn after all these years in a packed out building.

Thirty years later....still preaching, singing, praying and winning souls into the Kingdom of God.  I couldn't help but think at the end of the revival....THIS IS THE REASON WHY.

This is the reason we travel...
This is the reason we sleep away from home...
This is the reason we eat most meals in a restaurant...
This is the reason we travel 60,000 miles a year...
This is the reason we move from place to place every 3 or 4 days...
THIS IS THE REASON WHY.

No comments:

Post a Comment